Friday, May 13, 2011

Keeping your data in sych automatically

If you are using the same data file on multiple computers, you might want to look at having DropBox installed on both computers and keeping your data file there.

For me, it has been the solution to the problem of adding data at the FHC or archives without throwing my database at home into confusion. I love being able to update my PAF file from either computer, and from any location. I have had to train myself to close PAF and wait a minute when shutting off my computer for the night, to give DropBox a chance to save all of the latest changes. A 2 GB account is free from https://www.dropbox.com/ 

You may never need to Restore another backup. DropBox will automatically keep your data file in sych across multiple computers and smart phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment