Friday, May 25, 2018

A Farewell to the FHC?

After 8 years of serving in the Riverbend FHC, last night I completed by last scheduled shift and turned in my key. It seemed strange. I will still be available as an occasional substitute, but I will not have a regular schedule. Nearly 4 years ago I was released as director, and my wife and I began serving as volunteers, since our new ward was not in the Riverbend Stake. Her health has been declining gradually, so it will be a blessing to not need to drive into Edmonton to serve a shift every Thursday.

In the future I may have fewer opportunities to post about FHC concerns, but as I continue my mission in FamilySearch Help Division, and I continue to help ward members with their family history, I should still have suggestions from time to time.




No comments:

Post a Comment