Tuesday, September 19, 2023

My ancestors have disappeared from Familysearch, what can I do?

This question came up in our Temple and Family History workshop at our stake's Mid-Singles Conference last week, where I was helping as a stake consultant.

The member asking this question knew that his ancestors had been researched for several generations, but when he looked in Family Tree he could not see them. 

We discovered that the ancestors were still there, and when we helped him connect to them, all was well. If you encounter this problem, take 3 minutes to watch this video that explains the process of how to connect to deceased ancestors. (Please click "Like" so Youtube realizes that this video is still relevant.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDTXfIXvxtM&t=92s

I know that I have suggested this video before, but it answers so many questions so nicely that I try to make it part of every training session. I don't think we need to choose between "Add" and "Find" (a parent) but otherwise it remains excellent training.

No comments:

Post a Comment