Sunday, November 20, 2016

Font to Font

Two sister missionaries and an investigator came to the FHC during my shift. "This is Amy, she is being baptized on Saturday and wants to prepare some family names to take to the temple." I was thrilled beyond words!

I explained that until she is baptized and has a Membership Record Number, Amy will not be able to see  anything related to ordinances, but that I would be glad to help her add family members' information to Family Tree now. That way, once he is baptized and has an MRN, she will be ready to reserve ordinances and print cards for deceased family members.

She was happy with this, and she proceeded to copy family information from printed pages she had received from a cousin, She was a fast learner, and it warmed my heart to be able to help. I knew that the probability of Amy remaining strong in the Church was greatly increased by her involvement in family history. The spirit of Elijah is powerful! Family history also strengthens our ties to our extended family, both the living and the dead. Over the years, it has brought me precious experiences that I will always cherish. I hope that Amy will enjoy similar experiences, as she progresses from the baptismal font to the temple font and beyond!


[Note that I have used the name "Amy" in place of her real name.]

No comments:

Post a Comment