- Sept 20/22 Starting your family history, with paper or computer, for beginners!
- Sept 27/29 5-minute genealogy! How to find your ancestors online for free with FamilySearch.org
- New.FamilySearch - How to prepare names
- Oct 4/6 part 1: Adding missing people
- Oct 11/13 part 2: Combining duplicate records to clean up your family tree
- Oct 18/20 part 3: Reserving ordinances and printing Requests.
- Oct 25/27 Accessing USA records online for free at the Family History Center
- Nov 1/3 Accessing British records online for free at the Family History Center
- Nov 8/10 Accessing Canadian records online for free at the Family History Center
- Nov 15/17 New LDS sites – Wiki, FamilySearch Forums, Labs, Indexing
- Nov 22/24 When and how to use the classic (old) FamilySearch.org
- Nov 29/Dec 1 Connecting software to new FamilySearch – PAF and certified affiliates, GEDCOM
- Dec 6/8 Especially for Mac users - FamilySearch affiliated software, other software and website usage.
- Learn how to use the Internet to find your ancestors for FREE!
Monday, September 12, 2011
Free Getting Started Videos
While looking at videos on the FamilySearch YouTube channel, I found four short Getting Started videos, sort of like the 5-Minute Genealogy series but slightly more basic. I think I will use them to introduce some of my up-coming lessons at the FHC.
Free Family History Classes!
At the Riverbend Stake Family History Centre
Tuesdays 7-9 p.m. repeated Thursdays, 7-9 p.m.
North-east entrance 14325 53rd Ave
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
(Take the 53 Ave exit off the Whitemud Freeway.)
Phone: 780-436-0136 (FHC) or 780-435-8141 (director)